Wipe It Down

This Rubelli fabric featured in House Beautiful made my heart skip a beat. I immediately tore it out to be filed in the "must have" folder. It has such a dreamy quality to it....There was another reason why I pulled it out though. Somewhere in the back of my brain it made me think of another old favorite, Marimekko. While there are thousands of reasons to love the funky company, a top one would have to be the plastic coated fabric. Yes, some of their best patterns covered in plastic- yet still as functional and flexible as regular fabric- only you can simply wipe them down at the end of the day.

I ordered this one a long time and was very pleased with the result.
These fun fabrics would be great for homes with children (or just accident prone individuals, myself included). However, the possible applications do not stop there, aside from seat cushions, table clothes, pillows; hung as art- pulled over a canvas for example- they could be statement pieces without costing a fortune. In fact, this may be my next project.

All fabrics can be found HERE.

No Response to "Wipe It Down"

Post a Comment