Coffee Talk

These days there is no excuse for a boring coffee table. No longer just a place to put up your feet or a remote control catchall, your coffee table can really set the tone for your room. When we moved into our house I knew exactly what I wanted. I (we) were looking for a big, wood coffee table with a rustic feel that still looked clean. (I had this one made)There are so many options out there though, so many ways to show your personality...
Modern to traditional, glass to upholstered.


I prefer larger more substantial tables...
I love a good tufted ottoman for a table.
Something a little funky maybe?


Then there is always the blog favorite, a clear table- glass or Lucite...
Here are just a few I have seen lately that I am loving...

Worlds Away (e-mail me for pricing)
This table Ikea had on the cover of their catalog a couple of years ago. They pushed 2 together to make a large square table and I still can't stop thinking about it.
Ikea
I love a good rustic piece...slightly industrial? Even better.
Trade Source (e-mail me for pricing)
Of course your coffee table doesn't have to be a table at all. My favorite ones are often interesting objects used differently. For example, who does not like a good trunk?

Or what about 2 or 3 smaller pieces instead of one big table? Two of these would be good looking.
Restoration Hardware
Maybe something colorful?
CB2
While I LOVE a glass table, Lucite can be a cheaper way to achieve the look. Looking for something with a little more texture? What about a bench upholstered in something unexpected like this gray leather.

CB2 and Crate & Barrel

What is your coffee table? What would be your dream table?

ALL ROOM IMAGES FROM HERE

No Response to "Coffee Talk"

Post a Comment