My New Favorite House- Of All Time

I am head over heels in love. I know I use the word LOVE way to frequently, but I am about to break my record for a single word appearance in one post. I usually don't scan in whole homes for several reasons but when I saw the home of Jill Sharp Brinson, creative director for Ballard Designs, I couldn't help myself. I know my tastes can be fickle, but this house is definitely my new favorite. Shall we take a tour? (sorry the scan quality is less than stellar)I love the styling in the first photo, love. Below-the pop of color, the side lamp, the lantern, the staircase, the beams, the bookshelves at the top, love love love.
"Oyster shell and steel gray with a lot of truffle, that's my palette", is that someone after my own heart or what? Obsessed with these cabinets.

The window casing, shelf above the door, marble top on the table....love.....
This about put me over the edge. The walls are upholstered in a crewel fabric....I may have to drive to Atlanta, knock on her door and shamelessly invite myself in.
I will admit, I did have a vision of having to lint roll the walls constantly due to Harry, the most shedding dog in the world, but she has dogs so I feel better now.

The ceiling, the window hardware, LOVEEEEEE the tub, the chair, the mirrored cabinet, the rug.....my head is spinning.
This house is in the December/January House Beautiful. You MUST buy a copy, there is no way to appreciate the fabulousness of this house without studying it in print. Did I mention I love it?

No Response to "My New Favorite House- Of All Time"

Post a Comment